Private Half-Day Trip to Bratislava from Vienna
Pickup includedYour hotel in Vienna
- Enjoy a day in Vienna's twin city Bratislava
- Visit the newly-restored Bratislava Castle with its postcard views
- Explore Bratislava's historic center on foot
- Learn about the city's communist past from your expert guide
- Enjoy comfortable transportation to and from Vienna
With a friendly English-speaking driver you depart from your hotel in Vienna in a private minivan. Heading to the Slovakian border you traverse the countryside of Lower Austria, with its picturesque vineyards and windmills. Upon your arrival in Bratislava you will be joined by a local expert guide who takes you on a comprehensive private city tour covering the most important sights. First you pay a visit to the newly-restored Bratislava Castle. Towering over the Danube river it is the city’s emblem and offers postcard-views of Bratislava. Next to the castle you also see the parliament of Slovakia.
Afterwards, visit the lively old town below the castle. Your guide shows you the highlights, including Michael’s Gate, the Slovak national theater, the Academia Istropolitana, the old Town Hall and of course the cathedral of St. Martin. You also see the baroque Palffy palace, where Mozart performed at the age of six, as well as the de Pauli’s palace. Franz Liszt gave his break-through concert there when he was only nine years old. After the walking tour you can spend time of in the old town, for lunch and shopping. In the early afternoon your driver will take you to Vienna and back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Vienna
- Transfer to Bratislava in comfortable private vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Private city tour of Bratislava with a local expert guide (2,5 hours)
- Free time for lunch and shopping