Venice: The Ancient Art of Glass Blowing Group Tour
- Discover one of the most refined artistic glass factories in Venice
- Learn about the history and secrets of the ancient art of glass blowing
- Watch a master glassmaker at work in the only furnace left in Venice's city center
This glass factory is housed in an ancient building and it is one of the few still operating in the historic center of Venice and has not relocated to Murano Island. It's equipped with two furnaces where expert glass masters create wonderful pieces and you will witness the creation of a special object by an expert glassmaker.
A member of the staff of the showroom will guide you through the exhibition and explain to you the history and secrets of the ancient art of glass blowing. After the explanation, which will last about 20 minutes, you will be able to continue the visit at your leisure. The staff of the glass factory will be at your disposal should you wish to make some purchases.
- Demonstration by a master glassmaker
- Tour of the exhibition
- Small glass souvenir
Prepare for the activity
Departure point: San Marco, Piazzetta dei Leoncini (standing in front of the Basilica, it is the small square to the left of the church. The tour leader will be waiting for you between the statues of the two lions).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• If you do not show up at the meeting point, there will be no refund.
• This is a group tour.
• In some exceptional cases and/or reasons of force majeure that prevent the tour running (i.e. acts of nature, strikes, exceptional closures, serious unexpected events or health problems experienced by the person in charge with the service), the tour may be cancelled.