Venice in a Day: City Sightseeing Tour by Land & Water
- See the iconic sights of Venice from the land and the water
- Enjoy a 30-minute classical gondola ride
- Skip the lines for tours of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge’s Palace
- Take a Grand Canal Boat Tour and learn about the history of the city
Walking around this open air museum your informative guide will take you to the external sights of St. Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino Library, the bell tower, the incredible legends of the clock tower and the Bridge of Sighs and its adjoining prisons. You will discover the extraordinary architectural masterpieces and why they were built in that way. Take advantage of your expert guide, hear anecdotes about this remarkable city and its historical characters, Casanova, Marco Polo to name two. This walk is an absolute must for the first time visitor, leaving you knowing so much more about this not so practical but precious city.
You will be accompanied by your expert guide during an 1-hour walking tour inside the Doge's Palace, Palazzo Ducale in Italy. The palace is a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the center of the Venetian empire and the seat of the Venetian government. Hear about the different roles played by the Doge and his counsellors, be entertained by your informative guide and learn about the history of the Venetian legends as you walk through the eerie, narrow passageways towards the prison cells whilst learning about the prisoners and of course, Casanova, perhaps Venice's most famous and intriguing escapee. At the end of the visit, you will have free time for lunch. The tour will then continue into Saint Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolizes the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and saint relics. With its awe– inspiring gold mosaics, your talented guide will walk you through the church. At the end of the tour, you may remain in the church to visit on your own the golden altar. In the afternoon at 16:30, you'll finish your day picking up a private water taxi which will take you for 1-hour along the most spectacular high street in the world - Venice's Grand Canal - giving you a great overall view of the city covering many of the sestieri (areas).
- 30-minute classical gondola ride (maximum of 6 persons per gondola)
- Skip-the-line guided tour of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- All entrance fees
- 1-hour Grand Canal boat tour (maximum of 10 persons plus guide per boat)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Santa Maria del Giglio gondola park, Campiello Traghetto 2467, next to Hotel Gritti Palace. Look for the tour assistant holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour on it. By vaporetto: Take the no. 1 boat and get off at Santa Maria Del Giglio. Walk down the street named Calle Gritti, and at the end you’ll arrive at a small square with a church in front of you and a well on your left. Turn left passing by the well and the restaurant and walk back down the street to the Grand Canal, and the gondola park. By foot: From St. Mark’s Square go under the arches and head towards the Correr Museum, taking the last arch on the left side of the square, making your way onto the street named Calle Larga XXII Marzo. Continue along, passing the church on your left, and cross the bridge near the gondola park in front of Hotel Bauer. Continue to the end of the street which bears left and then right, cross over the small bridge and into the small square (continue as above).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card for children
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Shoulders and knees must be covered when entering St. Mark’s Basilica
• No rucksacks or backpacks are allowed inside the Basilica
• This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties
• This is a combination of 4 tours, with time in between the gondola tour and the walking tours, then free time after the Doges Palace and before the Grand Canal. You are supplied with a map and shown the meeting points of each tour. The last tour, the Grand Canal boat tour, ends at 5:30 PM.
• On rare occasions, Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed without warning. On these days the tour will be rescheduled or refunded.
• For all late arrivals or no-shows, no refunds will be given