Venice: Doge's Palace Tour
- Skip the lines to Doge’s Palace and embark on a 2-hour tour with a professional guide
- Admire the superb Byzantine, Gothic, and Renaissance architecture
- See stunning artworks by Tintoretto, Veronese, and other significant artists
- Hear interesting facts about the political history of the Venetian Republic
Join your guide at St. Mark's Campanile and walk toward the entrance doors of Doge's Palace. Get insight into the history of the Venetian dukes and council, and hear stories about the political powers and controllers, as well as the epic rise and fall of Venice as a European trading power.
Then, waste no time waiting in line and go straight inside Doge's Palace, where your guide will introduce you to the features of the palace and the history of the Republic of Venice. In the grand rooms, see hundreds of artistic masterpieces and admire some of the most famous works by Tintoretto, Veronese, and other important artists.
As you explore the hallways, marvel at and learn about the magnificent golden staircase and the Byzantine and Oriental architectural masterpieces on the walls. Next, enjoy access to both the armory, which contains a vast collection of armaments and weapons from different periods, and the prison. Admire the realism of the scenes created by the many artists who decorated the building.
After discovering the fantastic artwork in the mysterious palace, make your way to the famous Bridge of Sighs. Feel the anguish of the prisoners who entered into the darkness after crossing the bridge, and peek out at the crowds below for the last time, just like the prisoners in the 18th century. Before your tour ends, your guide will reveal stories of the council, political history, institutional bodies deputed to government, and justice of the Venice Republic.
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Skip-the-line access to the Doge's Palace, even during peak season
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Children under 6 years
- Pregnant women
- People with claustrophobia
- People with heart problems
- People with vertigo
- People with respiratory issues
Prepare for the activity
Please meet your guide in front of the "Yex" Exchange Office under the clock tower on Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square), 30124 Venice VE, Italy. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time to avoid any delays.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
• Please note that children under 6 years old, pregnant women, and people suffering from claustrophobia, vertigo, or cardio-respiratory disorders are not allowed on this tour
• Due to recent safety concerns, some lines to enter the Doge's Palace may occur even for skip-the-line ticket holders
• The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases the tour can be rearranged or refunded)
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes
• For security reasons, sacks, bags, or knapsacks are not allowed inside the palace
• Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements; in this event, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You might also like...
Product ID: 244062