Venice Day Tour: Doge's Palace, Basilica, and Gondola Ride
- Discover the magnificent halls of power at the Doge's Palace
- Ride a gondola down the romantic waterways and on the Grand Canal
- Admire the golden mosaics of Saint Mark's Basilica and its stunning treasury
- Receive a bonus app including a digital map and audio guide
Next head to Saint Mark’s Basilica, also known as the Golden Basilica because of its magnificent mosaics adorned with pure gold. Learn the history and meaning of the many artworks decorating the church. Admire the Pala D’Oro, a breathtaking altarpiece made of gems, diamonds, and gold. Then discover the treasury, a magnificent centuries old collection of relics and precious items.
Later in the afternoon, take a romantic gondola ride along the charming waterways of Venice. Paddle along to the impressive Grand Canal. See the houses of Mozart and Desdemona, La Fenice Theatre, Rio de le Ostreghe, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Palace, a breathtaking overview of Saint Mark’s basin, and more. Download the special audio guide and listen to the history of the main monuments along your route. With this special ticket you will also be able to visit the marvelous palaces in Saint Mark’s Square by yourself.
Your tour also includes a bonus app, featuring a digital map and audio guide. Use the app to explore the city at your own pace, and listen to fascinating narration as you admire 200 of the city's attractions including La Fenice Theater, Rialto Bridge, and more.
- Guided tour of the Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket (valid also to visit the Museums in Saint Mark's Square: Museo Correr, Museo Nazionale Archologico, and Biblioteca Marciana)
- Shared 30-minute gondola ride
- Download code for mobile commentary on the gondola
- App with an audio guide and digital map to use in your own time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour of Museo Correr, Museo Nazionale Archologico, and Biblioteca Marciana
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• In the case of exceptionally poor weather, high or low tides, or a local gondoliers strike, the gondola ride will unfortunately be cancelled. In these cases, you will be refunded gondola fees
• In the case of unplanned church services, or during days of exceptionally high tide, access to Saint Mark's Basilica may not be possible. In this case, you may be offered an alternate tour, or choose to take the tour another day
• You will receive an email after booking with the codes to download the gondola commentary
• There is a time gap between the Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica guided tour, and the gondola ride, which begins at 4:00 PM