Venice Half-Day Walking Tour and Grand Canal Cruise
- Cruise down the Grand Canal by exclusive water taxi
- Skip the long lines to St. Mark's Basilica
- Hear how Venice has stayed afloat, and how it pilfered treasures from across the globe
- See where favorite Venetian son Marco Polo was born
- Admire Byzantine palaces and churches
- Go to the Rialto Bridge and learn how it cost Venice a small fortune
Start with an intimate cruise along the Grand Canal by water taxi, and snake your way past no less than 50 palaces, 6 churches, 4 bridges and 2 open-air markets. The ornate Rialto Bridge is a highlight of the cruise as its reflection shimmers in the water.
Back on dry land, head straight to St. Mark’s Basilica, which took 800 years to build and contains relics and monuments bought and stolen from all over Europe and Asia. Skip the long lines to go inside the cavernous space for an extended tour that includes mosaics dating back to the 11th century, and some beautiful artworks.
Ascend to the 2nd floor to steal some quiet time on the terraces, and enjoy incredible views over bustling Piazza San Marco below.
Next, enjoy a walking tour past some of the best-known, and some hidden sights, of Venice. Your guide will take you to Marco Polo’s house and tell you about the Venetian son who went to sea and came back with stories of China. Admire the architectural mix of styles at the Campo SS Giovanni Paolo, as well as the melancholic Bridge of Sighs.
Your guide will keep you entertained with stories throughout, from informative tales about how the city has stayed afloat for so long, to the whispers of scandal that make Venice such a captivating city. End back at the Rialto Bridge, and learn how it cost Venice a small fortune to build!
- English-speaking guide
- 1-hour tour of the Grand Canal by water taxi (limited to 10 people)
- Skip-the-line entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's
- Headsets if needed to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide next to the Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with a view of the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs). It's in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon Effective from 1 April 2015 Old departure time: 14:00 New departure time: 14:30Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The local supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or with any impairments requiring special assistance. They are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
• Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress