La Traviata on Sydney Harbour
- Enjoy a world-class opera performance on Sydney Harbour
- Attend one of the city’s major cultural events of the year
- Experience the joy and heartache of the world’s most popular opera, La Traviata, at Sydney’s best night out
- Marvel at the extraordinary fireworks display over Sydney Harbour during every performance
Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour is “the ultimate Sydney experience”. In 2020, the Opera presents La Traviata: the story that inspired Moulin Rouge. Arrive early to enjoy drinks or dinner at one of the five pop-up bars and restaurants onsite. Drink in the view as the setting sun glimmers over the city skyline.
The 3.5-tonne chandelier sparkles with 10,000 crystals. The largest scenes feature 70 performers on stage and party boats in the harbor. Verdi’s score offers flying melodies, rousing drinking songs, and heartbreaking duets. Brian Castles-Onion conducts the opera, with a live orchestra hidden under the stage.
- Admission ticket
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour, at Fleet Steps, Mrs. Macquarie’s Point, Sydney (not at Sydney Opera House) Tickets will be available at the box office 1 hour prior to the performance, under the same name as your GetYourGuide booking. The on-site box office is located close to the entrance of the event. You will be required to provide photo identification upon picking up your tickets.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Driver's license
• Please dress appropriately for the weather so you are comfortable, ponchos will be available to purchase at the event
• All the operas have English subtitles projected above and on the stage of the stage