Grundarfjörður: Classic Mt. Kirkjufell Kayaking Adventure
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the area and the closeness to nature
- Experience Iceland's untouched nature and wildlife from your kayak
- Visit seals and many species of birds living in the area
You will spend a total of 70 minutes on the water, first heading towards “Seal Skerry”, an area of incredible wildlife which includes various species of birds, and as the name suggests, some resident seals. From this location you will have a fantastic view of Mount Kirkjufell, which stands proud and domineering over the landscape. Keen observers of pop culture will recognize Kirkjufell almost immediately as the “mountain like an arrowhead” from HBO’s Game of Thrones.
Leaving “Seal Skerry” behind, you will continue along the shoreline at the mountain’s roots, before making the return journey to the base. After your tour is over, you are invited to warm up on the kayaking base’s deck with a hot beverage, reflecting over the beautiful experience in which you’ve just partaken. When your time at the base is over, you are free to continue exploring this beautiful region at your leisure.
- Experienced local tour guide
- All necessary equipment including life vests, dry suits, an undersuit, shoes and gloves
- Full safety demonstration
- Warm refreshments at the end of the tour
Prepare for the activity
Meet at our office: Saebol 350 Grundarfjordur It's a white building be the sea, very visible from the street. there is a large round Vestur Adventures logo on the front. Please be there 10 minutes before the tour startsOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The minimum age is 12, but children 12-16 have to ride with a responsible adult on a dual kayak for safety reasons
• You don't need to wear any specific clothing, just something comfortable under the drysuit
• If it's cold, it is a good idea to bring a hat and an extra pair of socks