From Sorrento: Pompeii Half-Day Skip-the-Line Tour
- Travel back in time with the help of an official English-speaking guide
- Admire wonderful frescos, mosaics and remarkably intact wooden furniture
- Learn about the history of the destructive eruption of 79 AD and its consequences on the surrounding areas
- Get the chance to admire one of the oldest Amphitheatres in the world
Pompeii holds an intense fascination for visitors today. Following the eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius in the 79 A.D., Pompeii lay buried and forgotten for hundreds of years. The town is high on the list of the wonders of the world, and the excavations begun in the 18th century still continues to this day.
Your guide will take you through some of the ancient streets of Pompeii, where you can see baths, forums and villas built by the prosperous Romans in the year 80 B.C. Marvel at the fabulously preserved frescoes which adorned the walls and floors of the villas. Even if your interests do not lie in history, this is an archaeological site that cannot fail to impress you.
- Skip-the-line entry to Pompeii
- Official, licensed English, Spanish or Italian-speaking guide
- Round trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup at meeting points in Sorrento
- Headsets for groups larger than 12
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meet the guide at 8:15 AM by the entrance of bus station/Tourist Parking Lauro, Via Correale, 25, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy. Please present your printed/mobile voucher in order to check-in the activity.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Note that departure times and locations may vary.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• A moderate amount of walking is involved.
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
• Changes to the date and time of your tour requested less than 24-hours before departure time are subject to availability
• The program is subject to changes due to weather and causes of force majeure (road closure, public events), in which case it may not be possible to make some stops or visits mentioned in the program