Sintra: Secrets of Sintra and Cabo da Roca Tour
- Explore the whimsical gardens and palaces of Sintra
- Stroll the narrow lanes of the town center
- Go to the Castelo dos Mouros and Pena Palace on Sintra Hill
- Marvel at the iconic chimneys of the National Palace of Sintra
- Enjoy a port wine tasting session and toast to the tour
First you will be taken through the historic center where you will see the traditional Portuguese narrow streets, get a glimpse of the local traditional life, shop for souvenirs, have a taste of the traditional local sweet pastries such as the Travesseiro, or take pictures of the mesmerizing medieval National Sintra Palace and its iconic chimneys. After that, it's time to explore Sintra's mountain where you will get chance to see and know all of the sights and monuments in this wonderful region, and all their history.
After that, you will be driven to the other side of the mountain, stopping at some non-touristic viewpoints to see Sintra and all the surrounding area from above, passing through Castelo dos Mouros and its fortified walls and stunning views, before arriving at the majestic Pena Palace — an extravagant palace built on top of the mountain. At 500m altitude, it dominates the whole of the coastline and is truly an image taken from a fairy-tale. This building is a mixture of Moorish and Manueline architecture, and is definitely a must-see in Sintra.
Finally, stop at Cabo da Roca, the most western point of Europe (the perfect balance between land and the sea), to be mesmerized by the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. At the end of the tour, toast to the day's unforgettable adventure as you enjoy a port wine tasting session (not available on Sundays) before being dropped off back at your original pickup point.
- 5-hour small-group tour
- Expert local guide (that will also be your driver)
- Meeting point pickup and drop-off
- All insurances included
- Wine tasting (not available on Sundays)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transportation in a comfortable minivan
- Entrance fees if desired (€5 to €20)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Children under 10 years
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Time Out Market, located in Cais do Sodré, Lisbon, near the river and train station. Your guide will be at the main market entrance (the one facing the main road and train station, not the side entrance) wearing a uniform with the local partner's name on it. Please arrive 5 minutes before to ensure the tour leaves on time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes