Singapore: Toa Payoh Neighborhood Tour with Local Snacks
- Wander around Toa Payoh neighborhood and experience local life
- Visit a public housing showroom and see the living space of typical Singaporeans
- Walk in the footsteps of Queen Elizabeth who has visited the neighbourhood herself
- Learn about the industrial developments of the area which transformed it into the city's heartland
- Taste an authentic and delicious local snack
With your guide, wander around this vibrant neighborhood and mingle with the locals going about their everyday lives. Learn about the industrial developments of the area, and how jobs and schools were built around the neighborhood and its needs.
Visit a showroom for a typical Singaporean Housing Development Board flat, to experience how more than 80% of people live in the city. At the end of the tour, head to a popular street food vendor to taste an authentic and delicious local snack.
- Local snack
- Informative guide
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
If you are coming by MRT train, the station to alight is Toa Payoh Station. Once you exit the station's gantry, turn right and look out for EXIT C (Toa Payoh Central). Take the escalator up towards Exit C and you will see your guide waiting for you beside "Old Chang Kee" stall. Your guide will be holding a sign that says "Oriental Tours".Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes