Historic Siena: Guided Walking Tour
- See all the major attractions of Siena on foot
- Hear about the city’s noble families and the tradition of the Siena palio
As you visit Siena’s major attractions such as the central Piazza del Campo, the Palazzo Comunale, the Cathedral, and the majestic Basilica of San Domenico you’ll learn about each of these sights in depth from your guide.
You’ll also hear about the noble families that were instrumental in the history of the city, including the Piccolomini, Tolomei, and Salimbeni, and see their palazzos. You’ll learn about the great tradition of the palio and hear stories of pilgrimage and saintliness that distinguish Siena.
You can decide to finish the tour with a visit to Cathedral where numerous artistic treasures are preserved. Entrance to the Cathedral is available at an additional cost. You’ll see works by artists such as Pisano, Duccio di Buoninsegna, Donatello, Pinturicchio, and Gianlorenzo Bernini. During the summer you can also see the marvelous marble floor, which is a unique work in the history of art.
- Guided tour of Siena on foot
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Siena Info Point, Il Campo, 72, 53100 Siena SI, Italy. Please note that from April 1, 2020 this tour will depart from Piazza S. Giovanni, 1 53100 Siena SI, In front of Bar il Magnifico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note, the Cathedral admission is not available on Sundays and on bank holidays
• Please note that from April 1, 2020 this tour will depart from Piazza S. Giovanni, 1 53100 Siena SI, In front of Bar il Magnifico