From Sarajevo: Srebrenica Genocide Study Tour
Pickup includedInfo Bosnia Tourist Information Center or accommodation pick-up at request
- Visit the new Potocari Memorial Center located in battery factory, previously used by UN forces
- See Memorial Room containing pictures and personal belongings of the victims
- Visit the city of Srebrenica
Your first stop is in front of the battery factory, used by UN forces during the war in Bosnia. Located in these previous headquarters of the Dutch battalion of the UN forces, is now one of the most modern museums in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the “Museum of Srebrenica Genocide”. There you will meet the curator and experience first-hand stories about the survival in the Srebrenica enclave. From the Museum of Srebrenica Genocide, continue to the Memorial room, where you will be able to hear the stories of the victims, which were recorded by a local journalist. A part of the Memorial room is also dedicated to the people responsible for the massacre.
Victims that were found and identified are resting at the Memorial cemetery. Now the cemetery counts 6575 victims, but this number rises every year. Once you visited Potocari Memorial Center, continue your journey to the city of Srebrenica. Once the industrial leader in the area, and one of the oldest settlements of people is now a ghost city. Srebrenica is also the location for the lunch, as there are not a lot of restaurants nearby. After Srebrenica, return to Sarajevo, where you will arrive around 6 PM and your tour ends.
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Sandwich with traditional Bosnian sausage (vegetarian/vegan food at request)
- Hotel pick-up service (if required by guests who stay outside of the Old Town of Sarajevo)
- Hotel drop off at the end of the tour
- Small-group tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified