Puerto Rico: Old San Juan Walking & Tasting Tour
- Indulge in traditional Puerto Rican food and enjoy a local rum cocktail
- Explore Old San Juan to admire the colonial Spanish buildings
- Visit 5 locally owned businesses to sample the best of Puerto Rico
- Learn about the history and culture of San Juan with stops at major sites along the way
Discover the second oldest cathedral in the Americas, the oldest governor’s mansion in the Western hemisphere, the imposing citadel of Castillo San Felipe del Morro, the Spanish plazas, and more.
Within the city walls, you’ll make five stops to taste some of the food and drinks that make Puerto Rican cuisine so delicious. Sample artisan, hand-picked coffee, try traditional pastries, taste the most delicious mofongo (the Island’s quintessential dish), enjoy homemade ice cream made from all natural ingredients, savor locally seasoned pork and much more! A refreshing rum cocktail will be paired with your meal.
This food tour is kept small in number so that you can enjoy the full attention of your guide and walk away with the best advice of what to eat, see, and do throughout the course of your stay.
- Walking tour of Old San Juan
- Stops at 5 locally-owned businesses to sample the best of Puerto Rico
- One alcoholic beverage with local rum
- Local guide
- Tips to tour guide
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meet by the totem pole at Quincentennial Plaza, located on top of the Ballaja Parking on Calle Norzagaray. The Plaza overlooks El Morro Fort and the Atlantic Ocean (GPS Coordinates: 18.468115, -66.119178). Your guide will be holding an orange umbrella for ease of contact.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is suitable for all ages. Kids under 3 are free but do not participate in the tastings
• Tour takes place rain or shine. Bring an umbrella just in case. It’s a tropical Island!