Seaplane Flight + Alcatraz Cruise & Tour Combo
- Enjoy a 30min flight over the San Francisco Bay
- Ride the ferry across the bay to Alcatraz
- Visit Alcatraz prison and enjoy audio commentary from former inmates
This 30-minute basic flight will take you over the splendor of the greatest city in the U.S. - San Francisco! Take off from the lovely bayside village of Sausalito just across the Golden Gate Bridge. Fly along the coast over the Golden Gate National Reserve past Baker Beach and the Pt. Bonita Lighthouse, then left over the legendary Golden Gate Bridge herself! Continue above Crissy Field, Downtown San Francisco, AT&T Park - home of the hugely successful Major League Baseball team the San Francisco Giants - then over the infamous island prison of Alcatraz. Finally your flight will be completed with a pass by the historic Angel Island - the Immigrant Gateway to the West and a smooth landing back in Sausalito’s Richardson Bay.
Alcatraz Tour Portion
In the summer, your Alcatraz tour is scheduled for the afternoon at 3:20pm on the day of flight. A complimentary shuttle will get you back to the city in time for a quick lunch, and then it's off to Pier 33 to redeem your voucher for you official Alcatraz Tickets.
Board the ferry to Alcatraz Island at Pier 33, and set off across San Francisco Bay, admiring views of the bridge and city skyline. When you arrive on the island, put on your provided headset to explore the cellblock via the self-guided audio tour, 'Doing Time.' As you walk through the former prison, you’ll hear commentary from real inmates and staff about the history and living conditions of this legendary penitentiary. Learn about famous criminals like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly, enter one of the jail cells, and hear about escape attempts. You can stay at Alcatraz as long as you like, and return to Pier 33 by ferry when you’re ready; ferries depart about every 30 minutes.
- 30-minute seaplane flight
- Return shuttle service from Fisherman's Wharf to Mill Valley and back to San Francisco
- Entrance fee to Alcatraz to visit the prison
- Return ferry tickets to Alcatraz
- Pickup or drop-off at your accommodation
Prepare for the activity
Seaplane Base at 242 Redwood Hwy, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA. If you are using the shuttle service, the Seaplane shuttle will meet guests on the corner of Mason Street and Beach Street, between Tower Tours and Hot Spud Restaurant in San Francisco.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• There is a minimum number of 2 people required for the flight which is shared with other customers
• The flight may be canceled or have the route altered due to weather or federal airspace mandates or restrictions and if it is canceled you will receive a full refund
• The Alcatraz tour will be at 3:20 PM and return transportation to the city will be provided
• Please advise if you require the shuttle service to the seaplane base when booking
• This package is non-refundable and non-exchangeable
• French and Dutch-speaking guides are not guaranteed and are dependent on the pilot's availability
• The audio guides are only available for the Alcatraz portion