San Francisco Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
- Discover Golden Gate Park in San Francisco by Segway
- See the De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Music Concourse and Temple of Music, and the Japanese Tea Garden
- Explore the Conservatory of Flowers, Lily Pond, Fern Grotto, and Storybrook Cross, as well as the Historic Carousel
- See San Francisco Botanical Gardens, the Lawn Bowling Courts, and the National Aids Memorial
Golden Gate Park is larger than New York's Central Park and once consisted of sand dunes that are now covered with more than 75,000 trees. Each guest receives hands-on training with an instructor, test ride, skills practice, rider courtesy instruction, and review of the Golden Gate Park rules of the road and rider courtesy agreement.
After a 30-35 minute training on how to safely operate the Segway, you'll explore the sights of Golden Gate Park for 2 hours! Segway riders will explore 8 miles of the eastern part of Golden Gate Park, which covers both the famous landmarks and many hidden and less explored areas.
Highlights on this tour include the De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Music Concourse and Temple of Music, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Conservatory of Flowers, Lily Pond, Fern Grotto and Storybook Cross, the Historic Carousel, San Francisco Botanical Gardens, the Lawn Bowling Courts, the National Aids Memorial, Shakespeare Garden, Stow Lake and Strawberry Hill, the Rose, Rhododendron and Dahlia Gardens, Redwood Grove and Pioneer Log Cabin, and many more hidden gems.
The aim of this tour is to let guests enjoy riding an eco-friendly Segway, see more sights than they could cover on foot, and have lots of fun. An added benefit for the environment is a few less tour buses on the streets of the city each day.
You can book this tour also as a private VIP Segway tour in the Golden Gate Park. The private tour is at your own pace with more time for stops and photo.
Customers will be required to sign the tour agreement & liability waiver. The San Francisco Electric Tour Company assumes no responsibility for delays caused by accidents, breakdown, bad road conditions, and other conditions beyond control, in addition to insufficient numbers of guests. Not responsible for loss or damage to property.
- 35 to 45 minutes of hands-on training with an instructor, test ride and skills review, rider courtesy instruction, and review of the rules of the road (can be also booked as VIP private tour for your own party)
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and required
- Meals and beverages
- Admission fees and tolls
Prepare for the activity
The starting location for the San Francisco Golden Gate Park Segway tour is in the paved area directly behind the Sprekels Temple of Music (Bandshell) in the Golden Gate Park Music Concourse area. If you are trying to find us using GPS the entrance to the Japanese Tea Garden is across the street from the training lot at 7 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118. Parking spaces are not available at the guest training location. The Segway training area is not visible until you are behind the Bandshell. On some Golden Gate Park special event days the training area will be moved to the adjacent Tour Bus Parking Lot. Paid underground garage parking is available at the Music Concourse Garage located between the De Young Museum and the California Academy of Science. We do not reimburse parking costs. Free on-street parking is available on adjacent streets. The street parking fills rapidly on weekends. We suggest taking the Muni public transit to the park.Open in Google Maps ⟶
· Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
· Not recommended for guests aged 70 and up
· Pregnant women are not allowed on the tour
· You must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail. You will be standing for 2 hours
· The helmet and safety vest provided must be worn at all times
· No flip-flops, open-toe sandals, or high heels
· Bring an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Rain ponchos, knit gloves & warm jackets are available for guest use. Please leave bulky backpacks at home
· You must sign a liability waiver and complete the Segway training and test ride
· Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe ride
· If you are concerned about mobility issues call vendor