San Francisco: Alcatraz Island and Tuk Tuk City Tour Combo
- Opt for a combo package that includes a ferry ride to Alcatraz Island and an award winning cell house audio tour
- Explore 15 neighborhoods and off-the-beaten-path locations in a cute electric Tuk Tuk
- Enjoy a intimate experience of a maximum of 6 guests per Tuk Tuk
- See all the most famous sights of San Francisco from a unique perspective
- Set off on a full day of fun with 2.5 hours on a Tuk Tuk and 2-3 hours on Alcatraz Island
The one-of-a-kind, fully guided, and narrated Tuk Tuk experience takes you on a 18+ mile loop around San Francisco and through more than 15 neighborhoods. Some more highlights include: Dungeness Crab Stands and picturesque fishing harbors, The Palace of Fine Arts, a stop at Fort Point located underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park: De Young, Academy of Sciences, Conservatory of Flowers, Haight Ashbury, Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies, City Hall, Davies Symphony Hall, War Memorial Opera House, Asian Art Museum, Union Square, Dragon’s Gate in Chinatown, and Lombard Street — the most crooked street (depending on traffic conditions).
The Alcatraz portion of your tour will either lead or follow your Tuk Tuk tour depending on your Tuk Tuk tour departure time. Your trip to Alcatraz will begin at Pier 33, where you’ll board the ferry at the Alcatraz Landing for a 10-minute cruise across the San Francisco Bay to Alcatraz Island. This former federal penitentiary was home to the likes of Al Capone, George "Machine Gun" Kelley, and Robert "The Birdman" Stroud. In addition to housing the famous prison, Alcatraz Island also provides some of the most spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The National Park presents a captioned orientation video with historical footage, self-guided walks, exhibits, and ranger-interpretive talks on topics such as "Famous Escapes”. Also featured is the award-winning audio tour of the prison cell house including actual interviews of former guards and inmates. The audio tour is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish. After the cell house tour, there is time to visit the Alcatraz Museum, the bookshop, and explore the island. Stay as long as you like. Ferries depart every 30 minutes back to San Francisco.
- Heated seats and warm blanket for chilly days on the Tuk Tuk
- Small group fully-narrated city tour with a maximum of 6 participants
- Alcatraz entrance ticket and ferry ticket to Alcatraz Island
- Alcatraz audio tour of the prison cell house
- Driver gratuity (optional)
- Meals and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children under 5 years
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
If your Tuk Tuk city tour is at 9:30 AM, you will be picked up in Fisherman’s Wharf (passenger zone on Taylor St. in front of Applebees). Please arrive by 9:10 AM at the latest. If your Tuk Tuk City Tour is at 2:00 PM, you will need to go directly to Alcatraz Landing at Pier 33 in the morning to pick up your Alcatraz tickets and board the Alcatraz ferry. You will have the city tour after. Please arrive for your Tuk Tuk tour at 2770 Taylor St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA by 1:40 PM at the latest.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• If your Tuk Tuk City Tour is at 2:00 PM, you will need to go directly to Alcatraz Landing at Pier 33 in the morning to pick up your Alcatraz tickets and board the Alcatraz ferry. You will have to get to Alcatraz Landing, Pier 33 on your own.
• Child and booster seats are not provided.
• The Alcatraz visit is self-guided and your Tuk Tuk tour driver will not accompany you to Alcatraz Island