San Francisco: Alcatraz & Golden Gate Bridge Bike Tour
- Use your time wisely with a 2-day Alcatraz and guided bike tour combo package
- Hop on a ferry to Alcatraz Island and take a self-guided audio tour at your own pace
- Learn about the famous inmates of Alcatraz prison and their escape attempts
- Discover fascinating history about San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Marvel at stunning views of Fort Mason, Alcatraz, and the Palace of Fine Arts
Learn about the island’s history from some of its more notorious inmates with the award-winning audio headset tour, available in 11 different languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish). Find out about some of the famous residents, such as Al Capone and “Birdman” Robert Stroud, and hear about the many escape attempts by various inmates over the years. Take your time on Alcatraz and take any ferry back to land whenever you are ready to depart.
On your second day, meet in San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf for your guided bicycle tour through San Francisco. Begin]at the picturesque Aquatic Park in Fisherman’s Wharf then head down the National Park bike path through Fort Mason, the Marina, and the Presidio.
From there, cycle across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and into Sausalito, a charming bayside town known for its quirky architecture and stunning waterfront views. The guided portion of the tour ends here, but your all-day bike rental allows you to keep exploring at your leisure. Carry on crisscrossing through Sausalito or continue further to Tiburon with recommendations from your guide.
When you're ready to return to San Francisco, you can hop on a scenic ferry ride across the bay, taking in the views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the San Francisco skyline (not included). Feel free to continue your adventure through San Francisco, and return your bike when you’re ready.
- Alcatraz Island round-trip ferry ticket plus a self-guided audio tour of Alcatraz Island (available in multiple languages)
- 2.5-3 hour guided bike tour to Sausalito
- All-day bike rental, maps, and route recommendations
- Bicycle safety orientation
- Personalized bike fitting
- Bike lock and key
- Handlebar bag for camera and small items
- Rear rack and bungee cord for larger purses and backpacks
- Optional return ferry ticket from Sausalito or Tiburon (available for purchase in-shop)
- Optional bottled water (available for purchase in-shop)
- Optional bicycle damage insurance (available for purchase in-shop)
Prepare for the activity
• Day 1 - Alcatraz. Please meet at Pier 33 (Alcatraz Landing), San Francisco, CA 94133. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure. • Day 2 - Golden Gate Bridge guided bike tour. Please arrive at the local partner's main location, located at 2715 Hyde St, promptly at 9:45 AM for your 10 AM departureOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
• Please note that all Alcatraz packages are non-refundable and cannot be changed
• For your Alcatraz tour, please arrive at Pier 33 at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled Alcatraz departure time
• Please take a valid form of photo identification to redeem your voucher to visit Alcatraz
• For your Golden Gate Bridge Guided Bike Tour, please take a credit card, which is required for a security deposit on the bike
• Take your own lunch or cash/card to purchase food and snacks after the bike tour
• If you would like to change the date of your Golden Gate Bridge guided bike tour, please call the local partner to check availability for a different day. Please note that you cannot change the date of your Alcatraz tour