Cycle The Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Ticket
- Visit the world-famous Alcatraz Island and discover its unique history
- Bike across the Golden Gate Bridge for breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline
- Coast downhill into the charming town of Sausalito
- Choose to continue on to Tiburon if you’d like to pedal for longer
- Bike back across the Golden Gate Bridge if you’d prefer the exercise!
- Cycle along San Francisco’s waterfront and experience Fisherman's Wharf up close
Your bike tour will take place the previous day at either 10:00 or 13:00. Set off from Fisherman’s Wharf and enjoy a leisurely cycle for around 3 hours. You’ll be kitted out with a current model bike, front handlebar bag, lock, helmet, rear gear rack, and takeaway map – and then you’ll be ready to head out on tour!
Follow the San Francisco waterfront with your guide, past Aquatic Park, Fort Mason, the Marina, and the Presidio, through Crissy Field and to Fort Point. Cross the Golden Gate Bridge on a wide bike path, and then proceed to Vista Point and on to Old Fort Baker.
The cycling tour comes to an end in Sausalito where you’ll have time to enjoy the shops, the many art galleries, and the delicious food. You can return to San Francisco right after the tour ends, or you may keep the bike until closing hours and enjoy additional time exploring this fascinating area on your own.
Important Note: All bike tours take place 1 day prior to your selected Alcatraz departure. The date and time selected on your confirmation is for your day 2 Alcatraz Tour. Afternoon Alcatraz departure times are allotted, and so will be confirmed to customers approximately 30 days before departure.
- Trip to Alcatraz island, with a ferry to and from the island
- 2.5-hour self-guided audio tour of the island
- Professionally guided bike tour
- All day bike rental
- Lock and key
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Damage insurance
- Electric bicycle - available for an additional USD 35 fee payable on the day to the supplier
Prepare for the activity
Redeem your voucher at our 2661 Taylor Street Tour Center location. As the tour has a 10:00 and 13:00 guaranteed departure, riders are advised to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled departure for proper bike fitting. Guests are free to call the day before the tour for more information at 415-346-2453.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Please contact the local operator, if you would like to reschedule your bike tour. Due to National Park restrictions, Alcatraz reservations cannot be moved or rescheduled after purchase.
The Cellhouse audio tour is available in: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
The tour follows bike paths and the riding is mostly on flat landscapes.
You must provide the name of all participants during booking in order to
receive Alcatraz tickets. If incomplete information is provided you will
not get tickets, nor receive a refund.
Electric Bike Upgrade available for USD 25 payable to the supplier at time of travel.