VIP Colosseum Tour: Underground, Arena, and Third Tier
- Visit the underground, arena floor, and upper third tier areas of the Colosseum
- Hear about the fascinating history behind the iconic amphitheater
- See the birthplace of Rome at the Palatine Hill and the learn about the growth of an empire at the Roman Forum
During the special access sections of the tour you’ll be accompanied by a guard who will open gates to grant you and a maximum of 23 other guests (2 groups are combined when visiting these sections) exclusive entrance to the underground, arena floor, and upper third tier areas.
With your expert guide you’ll also have a full tour of the regular access areas of the Colosseum, including the first and second levels.
Then it’s on to the Roman Forum where you’ll hear about the political history of ancient Rome. Julius Caesar once led his triumphant armies on parade here, and it was also here that successive emperors plotted the growth of Rome.
For those with an interest in history, the Palatine Hill is an unexpected highlight. Vastly underrated, the hill is a much quieter place, where your guide will point out the ruins of the world’s first palaces.
With small groups having a maximum of 12 participants, and archaeologists as tour guides, your tour is sure to be an a fascinating opportunity to explore Roman history.
- Special VIP access to the Colosseum
- Privileged express entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Hotel transfers
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Address: The corner of Via delle Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The meeting point is opposite the entrance to the Oppio Caffè and by the park access gate. • Metro: Once you exit via the main exit, face the Colosseum and walk 150 meters to your left. You will find the Oppio Caffè (Via delle Terme di Tito, 72) and park access gate on the corner.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of these and informs the operator the day before a given closure. Please make sure you provide detailed contact information in the event that the operator needs to reach you to reschedule your tour