Rome: 9 Hour VIP Private Shore Excursion Cruise Pier Pickup
- Skip the long lines at Rome's most dramatic attraction
- Discover the fascinating history of the Colosseum
- Marvel at miracles of Roman engineering
Explore both above ground and below, marveling at the unbelievable engineering techniques of the Romans and the intricate theatrical system of hoists, ramps, and trapdoors that made the arena function (included in the underground option). For an extra fee you can purchase a guided tour option, an audio or video tour, or complete underground tour. All are available in many different languages.
After about three hours, head over to St. Peter’s Square, where you can marvel at the Sistine Chapel, take in the ornate Basilica, and gasp at the massive outdoor plaza. The tour has 18 other possible stops, according to your preference, to be explored at your own pace. Wherever you decide to roam in Rome, the minivan will pick you up at 16:00, and you can take a nap while being safely returned to your ship.
- Local taxes
- Colosseum skip-the-line ticket
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
• At the time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Wheelchair accessible