Rome: Small-Group Historical Food Markets Tour
- Experience the Campo de Fiori Food Market
- Walk through the San Cosimato Food Market
- Shop in the Roscioli food Store
- View the Trastevere Church
- Enjoy the historical Trastevere District
Continuing your walking tour through Ponte Sisto, you will reach Campo de' Fiori, which is one of the oldest markets in town. Piazza Campo de' Fiori is placed between piazza Navona and piazza Farnese, and portrays a typical scenario of Old Rome. The picturesque market that lies on this square is very typical of the city, and provides plenty of atmosphere to the surrounding area. It was moved here from piazza Navona in 1869, and owes its name to a wonderful field full of flowers.
From Campo de' Fiori, you will continue walking until reaching the famous bakery "Antico Forno Roscioli". The story of the "Forno" is interrelated with the history of the city, starting when Marco Roscioli bought a very ancient furnace (whose original structure dates back to 1824 ), in order to provide the best bread possible every day for his countrymen. Here you can taste this famous bread, as well as a typical "Roman" pizza.
- 3-hour guided tour in a small group
- Professional and licensed guide
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• All food purchased is at guest's own expense
• Please be aware of personal allergies