Rome: Historic Center Self-Guided Smartphone Tour
- Download a digital audio tour on your smartphone and gain important insights into the must-see attractions of Rome
- Explore the streets and piazzas of Rome at your own pace with a walking audio tour
- Experience dynamic sites, such as the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Church of St. Louis and the scenic Piazza Navona
Begin your walking audio tour opposite the Altar of the Fatherland, which stands as a symbol of Italy’s unification in the 19th century. Learn about the first king of modern Italy and pay your respects to the country’s unknown soldier as you discover the country's most significant national monument. Next, pay a visit to the city’s most iconic fountain. Be mesmerized by The Trevi Fountain's playful water displays and stories that come alive through your audio guide. Toss a coin in the fountain and immerse yourself in the Eternal City’s Dolce Vita.
Continue your stroll to discover the Pantheon of Rome, a stunning example of the excellence of ancient engineering. With its colossal dome and continuous history spanning a period of almost more than two millennia, it is a must-see attraction in the heart of Rome. Follow your audio guide inside the enormous temple and learn about some of its bizarre legends before you head to the stunning church of St. Louis of the French, where Caravaggio’s masterpieces will cast their timeless spell on you. End your tour in Piazza Navona, a picture-perfect Roman square, just a stone’s throw away from Ponte Sant’ Angelo. Discover a charming ensemble of Baroque art, stunning fountains by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the master of the Italian Baroque, and bustling city life. You’ll also gain some fascinating insights about the erstwhile function of the piazza as a pool for the public during hot summer days.
- Instructions and secure promo code to access the tour sent to your email
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone in English
- Offline tour with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Live guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
There is no meeting point. The tour starts at Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland), in Piazza Venezia. Piazza Venezia can be easily accessed by bus using the lines: 51, 70, 80, 916Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Charged Smartphone
• Please consider that this tour does not cover any archaeological sites or museums.
• Kindly note that this tour also includes a visit to the Pantheon and the Church of Saint Louis of the French. While there is no admission fee to enter these sites, participants are advised to plan their visit during opening hours.
•After booking, you’ll receive an email with your instructions on how to access your audio tour. Please note that you must have an Android or iOS phone and make sure you have enough storage space (100-150 MB). The guide is not compatible with Windows phones.
• The audio tour can be used repeatedly both online and offline. Use your headphones to best enjoy it.