Colosseum Underground Tour with Priority Access
- Enjoy priority access to the monument
- Learn about Roman history from a professional guide
- Access restricted areas in the underground levels
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Once inside, begin your tour below ground and explore the Colosseum’s tunnels, chambers and pits. This section of the Colosseum is restricted to the public and only allows a select number of visitors each day, so enjoy this exclusive chance to see more than most people do.
Admire the engineering of the 88 elevators that brought to life Rome’s best spectacle. Next you will head to the arena floor. Most visitors are restricted to walking around the edge, but you have access to walk on the floor itself, standing in the exact spot where the battles took place. After the tour of the Colosseum is over you’ll be left inside to enjoy some free time and really take in the energy of this world wonder.
- Fast priority access to Colosseum
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill small group walking tour (maximum 12 participants)
- Local expert guide
- Instant confirmation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the upper level exit of the Colosseum Metro station. You will be greeted by your guide wearing a purple shirt with the local partner's name on it. Customers are required to be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the activity starting time. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• You must bring your valid ID with you as it may be requested by the Colosseum staff for security purposes.