Vatican Museums Skip-the-Line Dutch Tour
- Skip the lines and tour the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica with a Dutch-speaking guide
- Discover the masterpieces of ancient art and the frescos of Michelangelo, and learn about the history of the Vatican state
- Marvel at the masterpieces of Italian baroque architecture and decoration at St. Peter’s
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
You’ll admire antique statues such as the Laocoonte and the Apollo Belvedere and mosaics from ancient Roman villas. You’ll walk through the Gallery of Maps dating from the 16th century, and much more.
Discover the secrets of the Sistine Chapel, hidden so well by Michelangelo. The frescoes are stunning, but the meanings are perhaps even more important. Michelangelo’s depictions are about much more than just beauty.
Afterwards, your tour continues to the interior of St. Peter's Basilica and then St. Peter's Square. This is the site where the faithful wait for white smoke to appear from the chimney signifying the election of a new pope, and also for the papal benediction, Urbi et Orbi.
Hear stories about the Vatican’s history, including intrigues and conspiracies in the papal court, displays of power, and the status and wealth of many popes. You’ll also hear about modest popes who wanted nothing more than the opportunity for contemplation and a return of the church to original Christian ideals.
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Dutch-speaking guide
- Headset (to ensure you can hear the guide)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at Cafe Vaticano, Viale Vaticano 100, Rome (opposite side to Vatican Museum entrance). 15 minute walk from St. Peter’s Square and metro stop A/Ottaviano. Your guide will be holding a ‘Gids Rome-LC Incoming’ (in Dutch).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• There is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders must be covered, and no shorts or skirts above the knee are allowed
• Wear comfortable walking shoes, and be sure that there are no knifes in your bag and that you are not carrying a large bag or backpack. Large bags must be checked and picked up after the tour
• In case of a last-minute closure of St. Peter's Basilica, or in the event of a religious celebration, there will be more a extensive visit to the Vatican Museums. All closures are by order of Basilica authorities and will not result in a refund