Discover what lies beneath the arena floor as you witness the dungeons, underground tunnels, and chambers of the Colosseum. The tour will begin with special access to the arena floor where you will receive an introduction before descending underground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group available
- Explore the dungeons of the Colosseum
- Get special access to the Arena floor
- Benefit from priority access and skip the line
- Access to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill after the tour
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Skip the line tickets
- Admission tickets and reservation fees
- Professional tour guide
- Escorted entrance to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill at set times
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Sprays or Aerosols
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Arena will not be visited on this tour until further notice. The Gladiator’s Gate access will be replaced by the standard underground entrance.
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
- Entrance to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum is with the tour guide escort only; you cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as you will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all 3 areas.
- As per the Colosseum Authority policy, you will join a larger group (max. 24 people) for the Colosseum Underground section of the tour.