Reykjavik: Premium Whale and Puffin Watching Evening Tour
- Zoom around the Icelandic waters aboard a rigid inflatable boat (RIB Speedboat) and enjoy close-up views of whales, dolphins and puffins
- Enjoy this small group experience with only 12 persons per boat
- Make the most of your day in Reykjavík with an ideal evening cruise during the bright Icelandic summer nights
This unique whale watching tour is conducted in small RIB speedboats which are extremely stable boats with high performance abilities. The small yet powerful vessel is capable of reaching high speeds, allowing you to cover a larger area and get closer to the Faxaflói bay wildlife than you would in a classic boat. Hold on tight while your captain zips you out of the harbor and look out for some of the wildlife Iceland is famous for. Loop around the wind-beaten islands of the bay to see puffins in their natural habitat and then head out on the open water to scout out whales and dolphins and, hopefully, get some close-up views.
After the tour, return to Reykjavík by ending the tour with a unique ride along the city’s shoreline offering magnificent views of the Sun Voyager sculpture and the glittering Harpa Concert Hall. Colorful fishing huts and bustling restaurants make up the cityscape in this part of town, alongside some thought-provoking attractions. If you were unlucky enough to not spot any whales, worry not, your captain will give you a complimentary ticket for another ride on the larger boats before you leave.
- Professional captain and wildlife guide
- Use of warm overalls
- All necessary safety equipment
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children under 10 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
- Warm clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Suitable for children over the age of 10 and at least 145 centimeters tall
• Not recommended for those with a history of back or knee problems
• Please note that the puffin season is from approximately May 15th to August 20th
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers to operate. If the minimum is not met, a reschedule or full refund will be offered.