From Reykjavik: Whale Watching Tour by Speedboat
- Look for whales in Faxaflói Bay,
- Sail up close to the islands where puffins nest and lay their eggs
- Get stunning views of the Sun Voyager sculpture and Harpa Concert Hall
Make your way to the meeting point in the old harbor of Reykjavik and put on the provided warm waterproof overall, life jacket, googles and your own whale watching scarf. Depart from the harbor and pass the Harpa Concert Hall and Sun Voyager sculpture.
Continue to Faxaflói Bay, where up to 23 species of whales, along with dolphins and seals can often be found. Look for the magnificent creatures in their natural environment and encounter sea birds of various species. Keep a look out for the puffins that come to lay their one egg on the many islands in Faxaflói Bay as you cruise up close. Ask your guide any questions you have and hear interesting facts about the whales and other wildlife.
- 2-hour cruise aboard a 12-seat luxury RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat)
- Full guidance with information about the whales, wildlife and city
- A warm waterproof overall
- Gloves and goggles
- Life jacket rental
- Your own scarf
When you get there
Meet in the old harbor of Reykjavik, a 5 to 10-minute walk from the city center. Walk past the Reykjavík Marina Hotel and look for the sign marked "Hlésgata." Continue down the road to the harbor.Open in Google Maps ⟶