Prague Communism and Bunker Tour
Product ID: 22927
Explore the history of communism and the Velvet Revolution on a 3-hour walking tour of Prague. Discover how the average Czech lived, worked and played under Communism. Your laid-back local guide will bring the "good old days“ back to life!
About this activity
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Duration: 3 hours
Starting time 11:00 AM
Skip the ticket line
Live tour guide
- Learn the history of the Communist-era of former Czechoslovakia
- Enjoy the company of a local guide who experienced the life behind the Iron Curtain
- Take advantage of small groups
- Discover sites associated with the Prague Spring and the Velvet Revolution
- Wander through the Old Town and the New Town of Prague
- Receive a discount to the Museum of Communism in Prague
The walking tour starts by the Powder Tower at Namesti Republiky, where you will hear the story of how the new Czechoslovakia Republic was formed in 1918. Discover the dark days of Nazi occupation and liberation by the Russian Red Army in 1945.
In the Wenceslas Square you will learn about the 1960s and the Prague Spring, when the Soviet Army crushed the nation's blossoming dreams of democracy in 1968. The tour takes you up to the Velvet Revolution in 1989, signaling the end of this grey period of Cold War history.
You'll take a break for beer, kofola, or a snack in an authentic canteen of the working-class. Visiting a nuclear bunker from 50s will round off your communist adventure in Prague.
You will also see historical photos of the events, people, buildings and statues, many of them now destroyed.
To encourage dialogue, the group size is limited to 10 people.
- Exclusive visit to nuclear bunker
- Original communist pin as a gift
- Discount to Museum of Communism
- Small groups up to 10 people
- Break for Kofola in authentic canteen
What’s Not Included
- Refreshments in the snack bar
Prepare for the activity