Marvel at the sublime magnificence of Mt. St. Helens, hike through an oldgrowth forest, spelunk through a lava tube, and enjoy waterfalls on this small group tour through the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 11 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 12 hours
- Starting time 8:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup at your accommodations in Portland.
- Visit a viewpoint into the crater of sublime Mt. St. Helens
- Gaze at crystalline waterfalls
- Spelunk through one of the longest lava tubes in North America
- Hike through enchanting oldgrowth forest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Portland
- PA system to hear the tour guide clearly
- Bottled water
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with claustrophobia
- People with heart problems
- People afraid of heights
- People with vertigo
- People with respiratory issues
- People with epilepsy
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
- People under 4 ft 6 in (140 cm)
- People with haemophilia
- People prone to seasickness
- People with low level of fitness
- People with pre-existing medical conditions
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Long pants
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, and the cave is 42F (5.5C). Please dress in layers.
- Please wear shoes that are suitable for minor rock climbing (i.e. scrambling/bouldering).
- Wear long pants, as there will be opportunities for crawling.
- If weather does not allow mountain visibility, a modified itinerary will take you to bonus stops.
- Visibility of the volcano cannot be guaranteed.