Sao Miguel: Bigtruck Adventure Experience
- Visit the viewpoint of Fogo Lake
- Enjoy the hot springs of Ribeira Grande and São Brás Lake
- Explore the tea plantations of Gorreana
- Encounter the Sete Cidades Village and surrounding viewpoints
- Visit the pineapple plantations
Next up, visit of the hot springs of Ribeira Grande and São Brás Lake, a beautiful quiet lake surrounded by an amazing landscape. You will then visit the only tea plantations in Europe, where you can taste different kinds of tea at the Gorreana Tea Factory.
A picnic will then be served for lunch, following which you will depart from Ponta Delgada towards the western-most part of the island, where the mountains and lagoon of the Sete Cidades are located. A small stop will be made at the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, one of the most important panoramic views of the island from where one can observe the famous lagoon which rests inside a huge volcanic crater.
You'll then visit the village of the Sete Cidades, an authentic portrait of rural Micaelense. Following that you will venture to the north rim of this gigantic crater, along its fantastic, winding, and uneven country road. Finally, return to Ponta Delgada, where you will visit a pineapple plantation to learn about the peculiar way this tropical fruit is grown in the Azores.
- Vehicle with driver and guide
- Picnic for lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please meet in front of the tourist office of Ponta Delgada (which is next to the monument of the "gates of the City" - Portas da Cidade). The vehicle will be in this place with the guide at the indicated time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
- Smoking in the vehicle
• The itinerary is subject to changes
• It is suggested to bring comfortable clothes and appropriate foot wear
• The weather in the Azores is unstable, it is therefore recommended that you bring a raincoat
• The "Bigtruck" capacity is 24 people, with a minimum of 10 people (if the minimum number is not reached, the excursion will be conducted in a van)