Phuket Old Town 15-Taster Food Tour
- Taste 15 different Phuketian food and drinks
- Follow an experienced foodie guide
- Discover Phuket's eating culture and history
- Visit the colorful local temples en route
- Eat in hidden street joints you'd never find otherwise
Back down at the market, your guide will take you to a hidden little teashop which serves the local Burmese working community. Here, you'll try Burmese curries, crispy samosas and other delights accompanied by naans freshly cooked in their wood-fired oven and washed down with sweet tea. Just down the road is a fine outdoor fresh fruit and vegetable market where your guide will explain the ingredients that go into Thai cuisine and sample exotic fruits, juices, and other tasty morsels like deep-fried coconut balls and prawns cooked in banana leaves.
Continue on your culinary adventure by working your way over a bowl of rich Hokkien noodles with a pair of chopsticks (don't worry, cutlery's available too) from a little restaurant that's been serving up the good stuff for decades. Don't worry, it's not over yet. Your guide will take you to a local indoor market famed for its fresh spring rolls filled with cured pork and topped with sweet sauce and pickles and coconut pork skewers served with rich peanut satay and zingy ajat cucumber relish.
It's unthinkable not to visit Phuket Old Town without delving into the sweets. Your guide will take you for a particularly special Phuket-style crepe cooked over fiery coals, a refreshing and vivid iced dessert and finishing on sweet milky tea and flaky rotis at a joint that's been knocking them out for years. Return back to the central market where the tour ends. You'll return back to your hotel with a deeper understanding of Phuketian cuisine. Be warned, the food on the rest of your vacation will now solely disappoint.
- Expert foodie guide
- Walking tour around the streets of Old Town Phuket
- 15 dishes and snacks at hidden street eats along the way
- Bottled water
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 guests
- Local taxes paid
- Alcoholic drinks
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing