Paris: Pere Lachaise Cemetery Guided Tour
- Walk the cobbled paths of the famous Pere Lachaise Cemetery
- See the graves of Oscar Wilde, Chopin, Isadora Duncan and more
- Marvel at stunning funerary art
- Hear anecdotes about the famous, past and present
The most surprising open-air museum in Paris, Pere Lachaise is home to 70,000 graves and 5,300 trees in 44 hectares of landscaped beauty. Your guide will lead you down the cemetery’s cobbled paths to see picturesque tombstones.
The necro-romantic safari is certified by the Paris Visitors Bureau, and takes you on a trip through history, where the great celebrities of the past come alive. See the tombs of Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, and Jim Morrison. Discover the final resting place of Molière and Chopin.
Pay your respects at the graves of Isadora Duncan and Gertrude Stein, and marvel at the tomb of Héloise and Abélard. Your guide will provide a narrative of energy and passion, balancing humor with historical accuracy to share secrets and anecdotes about the legends of the past and present.
- Entrance to the cemetery (it's free)
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide by the entrance to Pere Lachaise Cemetery on Rue des Rondeaux. The nearest Metro station is Gambetta (Line 3). Please note that the nearest Metro station is not Pere Lachaise. Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled start timeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The local supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs, or with any impairments that require special assistance
• Tailor made tours are available on request