Secret Rooms of Versailles Skip-The-Line Half-Day Tour
- Get access to areas of the Palace of Versailles usually off limits
- Skip the long lines to go direct to the king's private apartments
- Experience Versailles just as the kings and queens would have in the days of the Court
- Visit the Royal Chapel or Opera House
- Stroll in the magnificent landscaped gardens
- See the glittering Hall of Mirrors
- Return to Paris at your leisure
Head for the king’s private apartments, and discover where Louis XV and XVI and their queens (and mistresses) would escape from the prying eyes of the Court of Versailles. In the days of the French Court, these private apartments could only be entered by permission of the king, and courtiers would do almost anything for an invite!
Get insights into the lives of the French monarchy, learning how the King would go to bed in public, before retiring to his private apartments to sleep, making sure to return to the public bedroom before sunrise! With restricted access, the apartments are as lavishly furnished as they were in the days of the Court. Admire family portraits, personal furniture, and art collections.
The itinerary is adapted depending on which areas can be opened, but includes either the Opera House or Royal Chapel. Reappear through a hidden door into the public apartments, just as the kings and queens would have. Marvel at the main apartments, including the spectacular Hall of Mirrors. Then, stroll in the magnificent gardens to see the fountains, statues, and more.
A return train ticket is included for you to return to Paris at your leisure.
- English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line entrance and reservation fee for the Château de Versailles, including the king's private apartments
- Headsets (if needed) to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
In front of the main entrance of the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot, 1 Place du Trocadero et du 11 novembre, 75016 Paris. The building is at the junction of the Place du Trocadero and the Avenue du President Wilson, the entrance faces the road side. Arriving by metro: Take lines 9 or 6 and get off at the metro stop Trocadero. Follow the exit signs to the Eiffel Tower (the signs are brown). The exit is number 1. As you exit the metro, you will see the Palais de Chaillot directly on your left. Your guide will be waiting just outside the metro exit holding a sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Regrettably, guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated
• Strollers or baby carriages are not permitted on this tour
• Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after late cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded
• Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. Delays are possible.
• Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. We recommend bringing only small bags on the tour.
• Please note for tours operating up until the March 31, 2017, you will travel to Versailles from Paris on a train; tours operating from the April 1, 2017 travel to Versailles in an air-conditioned coach
• From 1st April 2017 the duration of the tour is 3.5 hours and the group size is 25 people max