Newcastle: Hadrian's Wall and Roman Fort Half-Day Tour
- Visit the eastern end of Hadrian’s Wall and its ancient Roman fort
- Discover how soldiers lived on the frontier of the Roman Empire
- See one of the largest collections of Roman artifacts at the Great North Museum
After meeting your guide at Newcastle Central Station, make your way to Segedunum, a fort home to fantastic reconstructions of the Roman way of life, such as a section of the wall which can be viewed and walked along. Once there, step into the Roman world and learn about this fantastic, ruthless but creative culture that conquered much of the known world.
Following your fort visit, go to the Great North Museum in Newcastle, which has one of the largest collections of Roman artifacts in the north of Britain. As your guide interprets them, get an insight into Roman life at the northern frontier of the empire.
After your guided tour of the museum, you'll be taken back to central Newcastle where you will be able to enjoy the city center. Your guide will be happy to point you in the direction of key sites or cafes and restaurants. This half-day tour can be taken in the morning or afternoon.
- Entry to Segedunum Roman Fort
- Transportation to all the sites
- Hotel pickup, if option selected
- Hotel drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at Newcastle Central Station on the day of the tour. Meet near the short stay car park outside the Sainsbury's shop. If you have any other transportation requests, such as special vehicle requirements for mobility or accessibility, please do not hesitate to contact the local partner.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Wear walking shoes and take all-weather clothing