Mount Etna Hike & Wine Tour
Pickup includedYour Catania hotel
- Enjoy a morning hike along a row of volcanic craters at 2000 meters
- Visit a lava tube up close and personal with helmets and torches
- Sip on some delicious, local DOC wines
- Finish your day with a trip to a honey maker
- Benefit from a small-group tour for no more than 8 people
Upon arrival, set off on a relaxing hike as your guide introduces you to the fascinating world of volcanic phenomena. Follow your guide as you walk through ancient woods and extinct craters, and witness old lava flows. On this hiking tour, you will have the unique opportunity to admire various kinds of plant and animal life. During the excursion, you will reach a maximum altitude of 2,000 meters (around 6,560 feet).
Your guide will take you to explore a volcanic cave, either the Grotto del Ladroni or Grotta Cassone. Equipped with included helmets and torchlights, enter the volcanic underground and visit one of the striking volcanic caves. The guide will explain the origins, characteristics, and uses of this fascinating volcanic phenomenon.
After your hiking adventure you will have lunch in a charming winery where you can taste some local food, and three kinds of DOC Etna wines. After lunch, visit the area of Zafferana Etna and meet a honey producer, and get the chance to sample some local products such as liquor and cream. Finish your day back in Catania at around 6 PM–6:30 PM. You will be dropped off at your pickup location unless specified in advance.
- A professional and passionate nature guide
- Transportation from your hotel with a minibus or Jeep from Catania
- Lunch in a winery accompanied by 3 Etna Doc wines
- Tasting of other products in the afternoon
- Equipment (helmets and torches)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable clothes
• Trekking shoes and jackets are available for free at the moment of the booking if requested
• Infant seats are available on request if requested at the time of booking
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
• Vegetarian, vegan and celiac options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Not wheelchair accessible