From Marseille: Full-Day Valensole Lavender Fields Tour
- Drive through the beautiful lavender fields of the Valensole plateau
- Explore the artistic city of Aix-en-Provence
- Visit the enchanting village of Valensole
- Walk among the plane trees of the Cours Mirabeau
- Go to a local market to purchase Provencal produce
Start your day in the beautiful city of Aix-en-Provence, fondly known as the “city of art and water.” Located approximately 19 miles (30 kilometers) from Marseille, Aix dates back to Roman times and has a wide promenade called the “Cours Mirabeau” that is lined with plane trees. Discover the cafés that were once frequented by Cezanne, Camus, and Zola.
Go to one of the numerous markets that take place in the city center every day, and admire the shimmering palette of fragrances and colors. After some free time for lunch on your own, continue along the picturesque roads lined with golden wheat and blue lavender fields.
Your driver will stop for plenty of photo opportunties en route to Valensole, with free time to explore this traditional Provencal village on arrival. They will also give useful information about the uses of lavender essential oil, and the lavender crop in Provence in general.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Service of a driver guide
- Any other entrance fee or activity