Lyon: Secret Food Tour
- Get a taste of the culture and history that have turned Lyon into the culinary hub it is today
- Sample authentic recipes that are unchanged from their humble beginnings as the brainchildren of the "Mères Lyonnaises" (Lyonnaise Mothers)
- Savor a traditional Lyonnaise breakfast and a local pastry
- Taste cheese inside a historic monument
- Enjoy a traditional hot dish, local wines, and a secret dish that will only be revealed at the end of the tour
After setting off from the meeting point in Vieux Lyon, make your first stop at the most authentic delicatessen in the city to experience a traditional Lyonnaise breakfast. Next, cross the Saône River to sample a delicious local pastry.
Continue your tour through the Presqu'île district, Lyon's city center, and see amazing monuments, statues, and fountains along the way. Try a traditional and authentic hot dish, which varies from tour to tour, before moving on to a local cheese tasting inside a historical monument.
Finally, delight in a secret dish that your guide will only reveal to you at the end of your tour. During your food journey, you will sample some of Lyon's most traditional flavors and gain a better understanding of French culture and history, as well as how to live like a local.
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point Monday-Saturday: the tour departs from the Vieux Lyon area, in front of the Temple, Place du Change, 69005 Lyon. If coming by subway, exit at Vieux Lyon on line D, pass in front of Cathedral Saint-Jean, and walk to the end of Saint-Jean Street. Your guide will be holding an orange umbrella. Meeting point on Sundays: the tour begins in front of the Carousel, Place Antonin Jutard, 69003 Lyon. If coming by subway, exit at Guillotière on Line D, towards the Rhône River. Your guide will be waiting for you with an orange umbrella in front of the Carousel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• Please contact the local partner prior to booking your tour to see if they are able to accommodate your dietary needs