Lake District: 3-Day Small Group Tour from London
- Travel in a luxury mini coach and enjoy an intimate small group tour
- Admire the beauty of Lake Windermere
- Discover the Castlerigg Stone Circle
- Stroll through thick forest to see the mighty Aira Force Waterfall
- Visit Wordsworth's Dove Cottage
After arriving at the station, you will head north to the historic Cumbrian market town of Penrith. Here you have the chance to savor a delicious lunch and explore the imposing ruins of Penrith Castle, which played a key role in defending the border from invading Scots.
After lunch you will enter the Lake District National Park and travel along the northern shores of Ullswater, England's most stunning lake. Take in the spectacular scenery and enjoy a stroll through the forest to see the mighty Aira Force waterfall. Following an exciting day, you will have a short journey to the lively market town of Keswick for your first overnight stop.
Following a restful night, you will set off southwards from Keswick to travel over the narrow and winding Kirkstone Pass towards the impressive lake Windermere. Here you have the option to take a leisurely cruise or eat lunch while enjoying sublime views of the surrounding scenery.
After lunch you will travel on towards Coniston Water, stopiing in the picturesque conservation village of Hawkeshead where the poet William Wordsworth attended grammar school. Wind your way through narrow country lanes towards Grasmere, where you can visit Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage or enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the daffodil garden before returning to Keswick.
After a filling breakfast, you will set off for a final day of adventure. Visit the gorgeous Whinlatter Forest Park and journey over the Whinlatter Pass into the most dramatic landscapes that the Lake District has to offer. From here, you will continue on towards the Honister Mountain Pass, where you have the opportunity to visit old slate workings.
After refreshments, you will continue through the forests of Borrowdale to your final stop on the shores of Derwent Water, where you will have free time for lunch and shopping. Following lunch, you will head back to Penrith station where your guide will drop you off, before catching the train back to London Euston.
- 2 nights B&B accommodation with breakfast
- Transportation in a luxury mini coach
- Professional and entertaining local driver/ guide
- 2nd class return rail travel from London Euston to Penrith station
- Lunch, dinner and refreshments
- Entry fees
Prepare for the activity
• En-suite accommodation will be drawn from a selection of small, locally-owned guesthouses and B&Bs in the town of Keswick (during July/ early August, this tour may stay in Windermere)
• The guesthouses may be up to 20 minutes walk from the town center
• Single accommodation is available for individual travellers
• For 2 or more people traveling together, shared twin rooms are available
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• One 15 kilogram bag per person
• After booking, you will be provided with information about your train journey
• You're restricted to 14 kg (31 lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items