Cotswolds, Bath, and Oxford: 2-Day Tour from London
- Admire the ancient stone circle of Avebury, a World Heritage Site
- Visit the pictorial village of Lacock and the Roman ruins of Bath
- Explore the splendor of the Cotswolds, with its stunning villages and picturesque scenery
- Spend the night at an authentic English guesthouse, with breakfast included
- Enjoy a friendly, personal service with a maximum of 16 passengers per tour
Leave bustling London and head west to the village of Avebury, where you can marvel over the world's largest stone circle (not Stonehenge!) which is an official World Heritage Site – make sure to bring a camera.
Further along, you'll be escorted to Lacock Village in the rural area of Wiltshire, which might be recognizable to you as a TV and film location. Its quaint setting, historic architecture, and lovely streets make it ideal for a lovely stroll down to the heart of the village, where you can see The Abbey, a unique country house of various architectural styles.
After an afternoon in the Roman relics of Bath, continue to the heart of the Cotswolds: Cirencester, where you can grab a much-needed night's sleep in one of the small, locally-owned, charming guesthouses or B&B's. Rest well, for there is more to see tomorrow.
After breakfast at your local accommodation, head to the picturesque village of Bibury, a town that presents you with 16th-century cottages and a tranquil river. The next stop is Broadway Tower, a unique Saxon tower with fascinating history. Proceed to Stow-on-the-Wold, a hilltop market town packed with history, antique shops, and tea rooms.
Once you have enjoyed the pastoral sights, make your way to the home of Britain's best minds: Oxford. This city is renowned for 900 years of academic excellence through its world-famous university. Keen Harry Potter fans will want to visit the Great Hall of Christ Church College, the inspiration for the Hogwarts dining hall where some scenes were filmed. As the evening draws in, return to London.
- 1 night's accommodation in a B&B in Cirencester
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
- Transport in a 16-seater minibus
- Entrance fees to the various attractions
Prepare for the activity
• Individual travelers: please select the “single accommodation option”, while 2 or more travelers should choose the “twin room shared” option
• Please bring suitable, comfortable clothing and footwear for the tour. England isn't known for its sunshine
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items