From Krakow: Self-Guided Trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Visit Auschwitz-Birkenau museum
- Explore the building and the surroundings of the camp
- See poignant sites and personal artifacts of those who experienced the terror of Nazi occupation
- Take your time to visit at your own pace and dedicate more time for the things that you find interesting
Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau
Then, collect your tickets to the museum from the driver who will provide all the necessary details, such as the total length of the tour and the time and place of the meeting after the tour.
First, dedicate yourself to a 2-hour visit to Auschwitz I. Take the route through the permanent exhibition placed in former prisoners' barracks. See the original artifacts that belonged to the former prisoners.
Learn more about the history of the camp thanks to the informative explanations provided for the exhibits.
After visiting Auschwitz I, move to the next part of the camp at Birkenau. Visit the second part of the camp for about 1 hour.
See the remnants of the numerous barracks, the crematoriums, as well as the unloading ramp. After visiting Birkenau, meet with the driver in the appointed place and for your return trip to Krakow.
- Entrance to Auschwitz I and Auschwitz-Birkenau II
- Roundtrip transportation between Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Informational guidebook
- Live guided commentary (unless option selected)
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering
• Please bring your ID or passport with you
• Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
• The maximum size of bags and backpacks permitted in the museum is 30 cm x 20 cm x 10 cm so if you have bigger luggage you can leave it on the bus
• You cannot get there in your own car so the departure is only from Krakow