Koh Samui: Half-Day Ethical Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Visit
Pick-up includedPrivate transfer pickup 07.00am and 12.30 hrs.
- Spend an enjoyable half-day with elephants
- Assist with the preparation of natural dietary supplements for the elephants
- Have fun in a mud spa with the elephants
- Take a dip in the water and swim with elephants
- Enjoy a traditional Thai food lunch with freshly cooked Pad Thai and seasonal fruits
After being allocated bananas and sugar cane to feed to the elephants, you will walk with your guide through the sanctuary, where you will find free-roaming elephants and hear their individual stories. You can touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their stories, lifestyle, and behaviors. Most of the elephants are rescued show or riding elephants, but they are now safe and well cared for at this no-riding sanctuary. After you have met all the elephants, you will watch them enjoy their mud spa and also be able to join them. The elephants apply mud on their skin as a healthy sunscreen and mud treatment. Next, you will walk with the elephants, shower them, and join them in the water for a refreshing cool-off. Brush the elephants while they frolic and play in the water.
Once the elephants are clean, you can take some final photos with them, and then it will be time to part ways with your new friend and change into some dry clothes. Finally, you will be able to enjoy some freshly cooked Pad Thai, delicious snacks and seasonal fresh fruit. Then enjoy the impressive rural scenery as you drive back to the hotel.
- Hotel transfers from Koh Samui Hotels
- English-speaking tour guide
- Two traditional Thai buffet meals
- Food for feeding the elephants
- One shirt per person
- Hotel transfers outside designated locations
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
• Closed-toe shoes or trainers for drier weather are recommended
• Large golf-sized umbrellas are provided to use for sun protection as well as the rain
• In case of rain, rain boots will be provided as it can be muddy, so please bring a pair of socks
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting sweaty or muddy