Kiev: Poltava City Tour by Intercity Train with Museum Visit
Pickup includedPick-up from all hotels and apartments in Kiev to railway station.
- Visit the region, which is considered to be the cradle of Ukrainian language and literature
- Find out more about the historical and cultural heritage of Poltava
- Take a picture of the one-of-a-kind Dumpling Monument
- Enjoy the most iconic city landmarks, such as the White Rotunda, Corpusniy Garden and the Glory Monument
- Choose a visit to one of three interesting and informative museums
Next, the romantic Round Square and Corpusniy Garden founded in the 19th century. In the center of the garden and Round Square, see the Glory Monument, dedicated to the anniversary of the victory in the Battle of Poltava. Another must-see tourist attraction is the beautiful building of the Former Peasants Bank. It's famous for the unique figures of firebirds on the façade. After your sightseeing tour, enjoy some free time for shopping and lunch.
For the second part of the day, you can choose to visit one of the three museums:
• Poltava Museum of Local Lore (closed on Wednesdays). The exhibition has the most comprehensive collection of historical, cultural and ethnographic artefacts of the region.
• The Museum of Poltava Battle History (closed on Mondays). The exhibition is devoted to the Poltava Battle, which took place in 1709.
• Poltava Long-Range Aviation Museum (closed on Mondays). This open-air museum houses rare samples of military Soviet aviation.
- Round-trip intercity train tickets Kiev-Poltava-Kiev (2nd class)
- Professional guide in Poltava
- Transportation via private vehicle in Poltava
- Entrance tickets to one of the museums in Poltava
- Hotel pick-up in Kiev (to railway station) and drop off at hotel in Kiev (from railway station).
- Food and drinks