Istanbul: Dolmabahce Palace and Grand Bazaar Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from your hotel in Istanbul available on request
- Follow in the footsteps of the last of the Ottoman sultans
- Explore the ornate architecture of Dolmabahce Palace
- Experience the culture of Turkey up-close at the Grand Bazaar
- Haggle for bargain souvenirs in one of the world's oldest covered markets
Built in the 19th century on an old bay of the Bosphorus where the Ottoman fleet would anchor, the palace was the administrative center of the Ottoman Empire and home to the last of the sultans.
A licensed guide will take you on a tour of the palace complex, explaining its history and function. Hear annecdotes about a youthful Ataturk, father of the Turkish Republic, and how he would welcome foreign guests for international conferences and other state functions.
Continue to the Grand Bazaar to discover one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world. Haggle with the vendors for bargain carpets, jewelry, leather work and other souvenirs, before the transfer back to your hotel.
- Licensed guide
- Hotel transfers
- Transportation by non smoking, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to museums and sites
- Parking fees
- Tips and personal expenses
- Cost of additional activities
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and your camera