Istanbul: Full-Day Highlights Tour for Cruise Ship Visitors
- Skip the lines at Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, and the Blue Mosque
- See Istanbul's most important sites in a single day with a local guide
- Navigate the busy and winding backstreets of the Grand Bazaar
- Enjoy an itinerary for cruise ship passengers to maximize your time in Istanbul
- Savor a delicious lunch of local cuisines with delicious Turkish dishes
Enjoy a scenic stroll through Sultanahmet Square and witness the local life with a professional guide. Visit the inspiring Hagia Sophia — on its own enough to justify a visit to Istanbul — and avoid the very long line with your skip-the-line tickets to witness the most significant site of the Greek Orthodox religion in Istanbul. Learn how it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople.
Check out the Blue Mosque to see the architecture and learn the basics of Islam in a very relevant setting. Marvel at this imperial Ottoman mosque and enjoy a comprehensive guided tour. Visit the courtyard for breathtaking views of modern Istanbulites and take a gentle stroll around the neighborhood.
Continue your journey to Topkapi Palace where you’ll avoid the very long line with your skip-the-line tickets. Walk the palace grounds, gardens, and courtyards on a guided tour to understand the glory of the Ottomans. Visit the palace complex of low buildings, pavilions, kiosks, and courtyards. Enjoy walking the outer terraced gardens where flowerbeds blaze with tulips of many colors, and climb the high terrace to admire the view over the Golden Horn.
Take a break at a local restaurant to sample delicious Turkish meals for lunch and learn about one of the most famous cuisines in the world. Afterward, walk through the old town to the Grand Bazaar. Follow your expert guide as they talk about the bazaar’s intricate geography and swarming passageways. Benefit from local knowledge on the oldest shops, exotic goods, and talented craftsmen in the area.
Go beyond the standard carpet showrooms and get your hands on vintage and rare pieces available for small group tours. Relax on richly decorated bedspreads, and browse the suzani and Ottoman caftans in silk, cotton, and velvet. You may choose to end the tour here and spend free time in the Grand Bazaar or follow your guide back to the dock.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Skip-the-line tickets for Hagia Sophia
- Skip-the-line tickets for Topkapi Palace
- Expert guide with a license
- Small-group or private tour (depending on option chosen)
- Local lunch with Turkish specialties
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
At the Galataport Liman Isletmeleri dock in Istanbul. Please make your way outside the terminal and find your guide at the exit. They will have a sign that says "Walks in Istanbul."Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• For private tours, please state your preferred starting time when booking and you will be contacted by the local partner by email with confirmation
• On Sundays, the Grand Bazaar will be replaced with a visit to the Spice Bazaar