Cappadocia 2-Day Tour from Istanbul by Overnight Bus
- Marvel at the twisted tufa landscape of North and South Cappadocia
- Discover the abandoned rock houses of Çavuşin village
- Explore the rock-cut churches of the Red Valley
- Hike through the beautiful Güllüdere Valley
- Learn about the secret settlements of the early Christians
- See the famous dovecotes of Pigeon Valley
- View the natural rock castles of Ortahisar and Uchisar
- Visit the underground city of Kaymakli
Day 1: Overnight Bus to Cappadocia
Transfer to Istanbul’s main bus station late in the evening to take the overnight 08:30 PM coach departure to Cappadocia. Relax on the 11-hour journey, with 3 rest breaks for your personal needs. Please note that for this part of the tour you will be unaccompanied.
Day 2: North Cappadocia Tour (L)
Upon arrival at Goreme bus station, transfer to your Cappadocia hotel. You’ll be picked up at your accommodation at 09:30 AM. Then, drive to the Devrent Valley to see the unique “fairy chimneys” of twisted tufa rock. Marvel at the uninhabited, lunar landscape, before going to Pasabag Monk’s Valley for a closer look at the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. Continue to the city of Avanos on the banks of the Kizilirmak (Red River) for lunch. Next, explore the rock cut churches of the open air museum of Goreme and learn more about the early Christian settlements. See the natural rock castles of Uchisar, before driving back to your hotel for an overnight stay in Cappadocia.
Day 3: South Cappadocia Tour (B, L)
Enjoy breakfast at your cave hotel. Then, take a full-day tour of South Cappadocia, starting with the Red Valley with its famous rock-cut churches. Hike through the beautiful Güllüdere (Rose) Valley, before going to the village of Çavusin, famous for the houses and churches of the Christian clergymen. After lunch, drive to Pigeon Valley, named for its hundreds of dovecotes. Visit Kaymakli Underground City to see where the early Christians lived. Then, transfer back to your hotel, passing the natural castles at Ortahisar along the way. Transfer to the bus station at approximately 08:30 PM to catch the overnight coach back to Istanbul. There will be 3 rest breaks on the approximate 11-hour journey for your comfort and convenience.
Day 4: Arrival in Istanbul
The bus is scheduled to arrive at Istanbul’s main bus station between 07:30 AM and 09:30 AM, depending on traffic conditions. This is where the tour services end. You can take the free shuttle bus to Aksaray or Taksim, provided by the local bus company, or take the underground back to the city center on your own.
- All transfers as per the itinerary
- Overnight intercity coach and local bus tickets
- 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel (including breakfast)
- English-speaking guide during the tours
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Parking, gas, highway and bridge fees
- Local taxes and service charges
- Tips to staff
- Drinks with meals (except drinks served with breakfast)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Turkey Tour Booking office, Kadirga-Sultanahmet-Istanbul. Pick-up is also availble from central hotels in the Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Aksaray, and Laleli areas of IstanbulOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• There will be shopping stops included along the way