Isle Of Skye And The Fairy Pools: 3-Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Visit castles, including: Stirling, Eilean Donan, and Dunvegan
- Take in the Highlands with Glencoe and Rannoch Moor
- Explore the Isle of Skye: Fairy Pools, Fairy Glen, Portree, Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Talisker Distillery, and Quiraing
- Dive in the Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye
- Enjoy a stroll in the Victorian town of Pitlochry
Begin the next day with a walk to the Fairy Pools, where, if the weather allows, you will have the option to dive with the Fairies. Then go to Talisker Distillery based in Carbost, producing a lovely Peated Single Malt Scotch. Here you can enjoy a nose around the Visitor Centre and a dram or 2 if so you fancy. At this point of the journey, you have a choice of either going to Neist Point or being dropped off at Dunvegan Castle. After Neist Point it's time to visit the charming Fairy Glen. Folklore says that this is the most important meeting place of the fairies on Skye. Wander between countless conical mounds, known in the Highlands as fairy knowes. The tour retakes from here, with a drive right up to The Quiraing, a place like no other, part of the largest landslip in Europe. Finally it's time to see Kilt Rock that will take your breath away with its distinctive pillars and beautiful waterfall with views across to the Torridon Hills on the mainland. Last on this memorable journey is the view of Old Man of Storr, probably the most iconic natural feature of the Isle of Skye and Portree.
The first visit of the third day is the mighty Eilean Donan Castle, without any doubt, the most photographed castle in Scotland. The tour goes on to the famous Loch Ness. At Loch Ness you’ll have the opportunity to get your binoculars out of your rucksack and try to spot Nessie from the Loch’s banks, or hop on a boat for a scenic wee cruise. Continue to Pitlochry, in the heart of the Perthshire. This exciting 3-day tour ends in Edinburgh where it started.
- Your tour does not include accommodation in the price (when you book, you are more than welcome to ask the supplier to reserve local accommodation for you. If you book your own accommodation, please let the supplier know your accommodation provider details. Please only reserve accommodation within the overnight towns that your tour stops in: Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyleakin, Broadford, and anything in between these towns and not off the A87. Your driver will drop you off at your chosen accommodation as long as it’s relatively central)
- Entrance fees to visitor attractions
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Pickup point for Tuesday and Friday - 9.00am at Edinburgh Charlotte Square, in front of the West Register House, EH2 4DR. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time to meet the tour guide Drop-off point for Thursday and Sunday - 7pm to Edinburgh Charlotte Square, in front of the West Register House, EH2 4DROpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
• This tour involves moderate walking (Fairy Pools, etc.)
• Minimum age is 6 years. Children over 6 years must be accompanied by an adult