Ho Chi Minh City Food by Night: Private Motorbike Tour
Best Food and Drink Tours
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
Pickup includedComplimentary pick-up and drop off either at your accommodation in districts 1, 3, 4, 5 and 10 or at the Opera House
- Experience the night life of Ho Chi Minh City from the back of a motorbike
- Enjoy a huge variety of food with 9 different dishes and unlimited drinks at famous food stalls
- Discover hidden alleys of street food and immerse yourself in the local life
- Hear more about Vietnamese food culture and the interesting stories behind each dish
- Learn how to prepare Vietnamese rice pancakes, coconut ice cream and grilled banana cakes from the local chefs
Stop to enjoy some Banh Xeo and Banh Khot (South and Central rice pancakes), and learn how they are made from a chef with over 20 years experience before riding down hidden alleyways, where you will encounter old apartment buildings. Go on a short adventure to climb up to the top of some old buildings and see the contrasting architecture between modern and authentic Saigon. You can even visit a local pagoda which was built inside an old apartment by a female monk.
Visit the biggest night flower market and soak up the wonderful bouquets. Take a short walk around the area, and get a special gift from your guide. Go deep into a true maze of local market to have an authentic local experience by grilling banana cakes.
Next, drive to District 5 and pass a street famous for its oil paintings. Stop at a local restaurant to savor some bún chả (grilled pork with noodles, Hanoi style), known as “Obama Noodles” after President Obama and Anthony Bourdain tried them in 2016!
Venture into District 10, where the city’s street food scene really thrives. Excite your taste buds with a heavenly dish of coconut ice cream at a shop established in 1975. Watch as the owner prepares some coconut ice cream right before your eyes.
Take a spin around the city for enticing views of the night life, and experience the hustle and bustle of fashion street. Squeeze through narrow alleyways that cars can’t access, and journey along the banks of the Saigon River with a welcoming breeze.
End your food and motorbike tour in District 4, where you will enjoy a seafood or meat meal of 3 different dishes and an authentic food challenge! Try some balut (boiled, fertilized egg) and tuck into a dessert of flan cake with caramel, coffee and coconut milk. Wash it all down with beer, soft drinks, mineral water or homemade Vietnamese sticky rice wine.
- Private tour
- Complimentary pick-up and drop off either at your accommodation in districts 1, 3, 4, 5 and 10 or at the Opera House
- All food and drinks during the tour
- Transportation by motorbikes, including fuel and a high-quality, open-face helmet
- English-speaking drivers
- Pictures from your tour
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Accident insurance
- Hand sanitizer
- Items of a personal nature
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• A camera is always encouraged, however it is not recommended that you take pictures while on the motorbike as this can be dangerous. If you wish to take pictures, please ask your guides to pull over. Please take extra care of your camera to avoid theft
• Cool and comfortable clothing is recommended. Shorts, t-shirts and light pants are also suitable