From Hanoi: 2-Day Spectacular Sapa Trekking and Bus Tour
Pickup includedFree pickup is offered in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Please advise the tour operator of your hotel name and address. AirBnB, home stays, and apartments addresses are hard to find and the tour bus can have trouble accessing them. If you are not staying in a hotel, please let the tour operator know and meet at their office, located at 03 Gia Ngu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
- Discover the beauty of the mountanious north of Vietnam by bus on this tour from Hanoi to Sapa
- Save time with daily bus pick-up from your hotel in Hanoi
- See the most popular travel sites in Sapa: Cat Cat, Lao Chai, Ta Van and Giang Ta Chai
- Visit the most well-known ethnic groups in the region
6:45 AM - 7:00 AM: Pickup from your hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi and depart for Sapa.
9:30 AM: Follow the highway to Lao Cai city where you will make your first stop for breakfast.
11:00 AM: Stop off at Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa.
12:30 PM: Arrive at Sapa Town, where you'll see the colorful traditional costumes of H’mong, Dzao and Tay People. Here enjoy a lunch of local Vietnamese dishes.
2:30 PM: Take a short trek to the gate of Cat Cat village, home of the Black H’mong ethnic people and located near the bottom of a deep valley at the foot of Fansipan Peak. A local guide will give you insight into daily life of the locals. Trek down to the bottom of the valley to the waterfall, where the French built a hydraulic power station. Stop to take photos before walking back uphill to meet the bus. The trek is approximately 2.5 kilometers and lasts for 2 hours.
5:00 PM: Return to Sapa Town. You'll be recommended good local restaurants for your dinner and will stay overnight in a 2, 3, 4 or 5-star hotel (depending on option booked).
Day 2: Sapa – Hanoi
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM: Have breakfast at your hotel and prepare a light pack for trekking. You can keep your luggage at the storage at the reception.
9:00 AM: Take a Trek to Y Linh Ho through the rice terraces and along Muong Hoa Streams to the Black Hmong village of Lao Chai.
See the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son Mountain before heading to Ta Van village, home of the Dzay People. The trek takes around 3.5 hours and covers about 12 kilometers. Tour guide will make the best itinerary for the trek depending on your ability of trekking.
11:30 AM: The bus will pick you up at Ta Van Bridge to take you back to Sapa center.
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Have a rest at the hotel and have lunch, before enjoying some time to explore at your own leisure.
3:00 PM: Meet the rest of your group at the hotel to prepare for your return to Hanoi.
3:15 PM: Get back on the bus to go back to Hanoi. During the journey you will stop for a break.
9:15 PM: Arrive back at your accommodation in Hanoi.
- Transfer in a luxury limousine air-conditioned bus from Hanoi to Sapa and back
- Local guide in Sapa
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner & 1 breakfast (meal vouchers for the restaurant in your hotel)
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites
- Accommodation in 3, 4 or 5-star hotel (depending on option booked)
- 3-star hotel - Legend Hotel Sapa, 24 Dong Loi Road (or similar)
- 4-star hotel - Sunny Mountain Hotel Sapa, 10 Muong Hoa Road (or similar)
- 5-star hotel - Pao Hotel Sapa, 32 Muong Hoa Road
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
• Elderly people should not attend the 9 kilometer trek, due to its challenging nature
• Handicapped people and children under 6 should not take part in the treks
• The driver from Hanoi to Sapa and speaks very little English
• Check-in at the hotel in Sapa is at 1:30 PM. Check out is at 10:00 AM. If you want to keep the room, the room charge will be applied based on availabilty
• Drop-off is available to hotels in Old Quarter of Hanoi. If your hotel is far from Old Quarter of Hanoi. The bus will drop you off at the local partners office. From there you can take a taxi back to your hotel.
Drop-off is not available at the airport or train station as arrival varies