Outlander Adventure 1-Day Tour from Glasgow
- Witness the famous Doune Castle
- Visit beautiful Falkland and explore the setting for 1940's Inverness
- See some of Outlander's most famous locations
- Marvel at the spectacular Midhope Castle
- Take a trip to Blackness Castle
Next is the charming village of Culross. In Outlander Culross posed as the fictional village of Cranesmuir and the home of Geillis Duncan and her ill-fated husband, Arthur. Exploring the town’s cobbled streets is like taking a step back in time. Look carefully and you may even find Claire’s herb garden behind the impressive, historic Culross Palace.
Midhope Castle is your next highlight. Unfortunately, visitors are unable to go inside the castle, but Jamie’s lovely Lallybroch home is still an essential photo opportunity for any fan of the show. You then travel the short distance to Blackness Castle. It’s an impressive castle that’s known as the ‘ship that never sailed’ because it resembles a giant stone boat. You have time to walk along the ramparts and explore the fictional headquarters of Jack Randall.
Your final stop of the day is Linlithgow Palace. Here you have time to enjoy beautiful views to the Forth bridges, walk by the loch, and explore the ruins of Mary Queen of Scots’ birthplace. And if you’re feeling brave, you can visit the spot where that gruesome Outlander scene took place. From here it’s a short drive back to Glasgow for an evening of rest after a day of adventure.
- Transportation by 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Services of an experienced driver/guide
- Admission to attractions
- Meals and refreshments
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
• You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
• This small-group tour has a maximum of 16 participants, allowing for more personal service, more time with locals, more time off the bus, more time on the back roads and a more authentic, friendly experience
• With time off the bus you'll have the opportunity to take nature walks. It is recommended that you wear clothing and footwear suitable for the tour
• Return time: 18:30 approx
• Please note that Midhope Castle is closed on the following dates due to the hunting season: October - 3rd, 27th, November - 6th, 7th, 10th, 17th, 21st, 24th, December - 4th, 8th, 15th, 20th. It will also remain closed from 22nd December until Easter
• Please note that Blackness Castle is closed Thursdays only from